Now that I got a tablet, I've been playing around in Photoshop and Corel Painter, trying to get a feel for painting... Adobe Illustrator definitely has good flexibility for color-effects mainly because of how rigid Vector graphics can appear, which happens to compliment Mecha. I've been reviewing the Mech again for changes, corrections and they're minor, so sooner than later the drawing will be done. I know, I know, I know, This took longer than desired to finish XD
The base coloring was done in Illustrator, exported into Painter as a PNG and then I used the Impasto Loft tool to add depth to a few choice areas, and the Lighting+shading painting is done in Photoshop. I've never painted a Mech before, and in fact this is my 2nd Digital Painting and I'm doing it totally different than the first. This is also just a painting test, so it's still a little rough. Here I'm using a medium-gray color and boucing between Overlay and Multiply Modes with a moderate Hardness to it. This way I wouldn't have to bounce between swatches, most of the switching would be from the Brush Mode. Painting was very enjoyable and progressed quicker than I expected it. I also copy-pasted a few Left-Side body parts and gave them their own Motion-Blur; which was intentional. 'Worked out quite well, so I'm considering this test a success.
I revised a few parts, but only on such special conditions: tennozeormyer asked me to remove the rear dual-cannons cause they were too similar to the one on the EX-S Gundam and suggested I retain the Mechs originality and remove them, as well as change the Red Cockpit to something else, cause Red has been used countless times by other series. I removed the cannons and placed an extra "Wing" from the pack. I was already exploring this Wing addition and found that between the Cannons and the new Wing that the rear became more cluttered, and I stuck with it smugly accepting the exessiveness; since the Mech is already exessive.
*yeaaaaaaa... I didn't paint the Rifle... Next time! XD